Monday, January 18, 2016

Glaze Explorer

I've just begun exploring glazes and claybodies. I've shared things on Facebook, but I'm sure there are friends who have no interest in ceramics, and even less in glaze chemistry.  Every firing I learn new things about glazes, how well they fit different clay bodies or how the respond to different firing schedules.

I have had trouble with memory all my life and even more so since my brain surgery in 2011. Epilepsy has been a major struggle in my life, and through the wonders of modern medicine they were able to locate just where in the brain where seizures originate: my left temporal lobe. It is quite complex, but suffice it to say it wasn't fun.  Seizures affected my life greatly and I haven't had any since then.  A down side of the surgery was it affects my memory. I find it frustrating if I don't document things. I redo things because I forget what I did to get a result or even doing them at times. I greatly prefer the lack of seizures with memory issues versus having no control of when I might have seizures and what I may have been doing at that point.


This blog is to serve as the memory I lack. I've had long periods of time where I was unable to get to the studio and lose track of what happened when. I'm sure there are more to come with the struggles my son faces.  I invite others to use what information they may find useful. I aim to produce enough to gain from the efforts.

CR

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post.Thanks for sharing.You can also check http://www.potterymarket.co.uk/ to find varieties of pottery,decorative and gifting items.

    ReplyDelete